wake up in the morning thinking about art.
reflect on the fact that i work a job i don’t really like for money that isn’t really enough five days out of the week. not to worry though, when fall comes and kids go back to school i’ll probably be laid off for the season forcing me to either try to push through the winter even poorer than usual or get another retail job i will probably like even less for less money than i am making now.
and all i want to do is draw but i’m always too tired.
life makes me tired.
horrible meanspirited customers make me tired.
living in the corner of a room with 2 other people and not enough room for even the smallest of desks to work on makes me tired.
family Issues make me tired.
i’m already 26 and it’s sort of starting to feel as if i will never be able to live off my art. i live in a horrible tourist town with a tiny baby art scene and all i want to do is be paid to draw things so i never have to run a cash register again.
i think i’m going to go back to sleep until i have to work tonight and try to dream off these feels.
jesus christ i should have gone to art school.
- themonaloser likes this
- eriscontrol reblogged this from theveryworstthing and added:
- uaykan likes this
- jonesygeri said: I’m sorry for the hopelessness you’re feeling. If you want to go to art school then go, I’m not sure where you are but in California if you’re over 24 you get pretty good financial aid as a dependent. You’re only 26, you’ve got time!
- power-aminal said: me too :( same age and all. Though I went to art school. If you can, maybe try to find work that either isn’t so stressful or pays a little more- it’ll help you clear your head so you can work better and connect with people.
- crowology reblogged this from theveryworstthing and added:
- stablercake said: Wow I thought for sure you were a pro illustrator! No worries though, im 25 working full time with hardware and furniture but still dreaming of a career in drawing. Little by little maybe, but we’ll make it :)
- opossumsrubnoses likes this
- elinadontcare said: I graduated art school 2 years ago and still got stuck doing shitty retail afterwards. I know how draining it is, and I feel for you :( Try to get a website together if you don’t have one and email some art directors!
- allystration likes this
- bigcuntfuck likes this
- puddingtea reblogged this from theveryworstthing and added:
- katzupan said: Art school is great but you have talent. Try and find names of places you would like to draw for, send them a small book of your best work! If you need help marketing yourself Im willing to help you! Your an amazing artist with amazing style!
- chupicron reblogged this from theveryworstthing and added:
- bulgarianshota said: I’m really sorry to hear that :( Hang in there! >W<
- pataques likes this
- theveryworstthing posted this